Exchanging gifts and showing hospitality is a perfectly normal part of doing business. It plays an important role in developing strong business relationships. In this area, an employee’s first obligation is to conduct himself or herself in a fair and impartial manner. He or she has a responsibility to not let gifts and business hospitality compromise, or even appear to compromise, his or her ethical standards against undue influence.
- Know the ethical responsibilities for appropriately giving or receiving gifts and hospitality.
- Know the basic guidelines for giving and receiving gifts.
- Understand ‘nominal value.’
- Identify appropriate and inappropriate gifts.
- Know the ‘Red Flags’ for identifying inappropriate gifts and hospitality.
- Deal appropriately with gifts from suppliers.
- Identify unusual gifts, entertainment, and preferred treatment.
- Know the four ‘R’s’ for refusing a gift.
- Understand cultural and international gift exchange issues.
Required Reading: “Gifts and Keep on Giving” by Mark S. Putnam
Length: 2 Hours
NOTE: ONLINE COURSES REQUIRE 24 HOURS TO PROCESS ENROLLMENT AFTER PURCHASE. YOU WILL RECEIVE A SEPARATE REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION EMAIL.