Description: What is it about the old adage, “Honesty is the best policy” that is so hard to follow in real life? Honesty and Personal Values at Work is a character building course that helps employees and employers understand principles of personal honesty and move to deeper levels of personal integrity by developing understanding of the practical issues that influence our ethical decision-making.This course starts with helping employees consider character, thoughts, and habits and then to think about the wider implication in the workplace. The course then helps employees get the “whys” behind personal honesty principles and then build a solid framework for making honesty an intrinsic response to ethical crises. The final phase of the course extends the principles of personal honesty to the real-world issues of lying and theft in the workplace. The whole course takes employees on a journey of self-discovery, reflection, and application of honesty principles that will have a lasting impact on the character of the individual and the work environment as whole.
- Develop an understanding of the personal character principles of honesty in both personal and professional settings.
- Learn to develop healthy thoughts, habits, and behaviors that support honesty.
- Know the benefits of honesty in the workplace as it relates to the personal character of the individual and the manager.
- Learn to make personal honesty an intrinsic characteristic that will allow the individual to make honest choices easier in an ethical crisis.
- Help employees think about why they are honest and from where those principles have come.
- Consider how lies and “spin”, no matter how subtle, can affect one’s own character and perspective on honesty and the truth.
- Understanding the reality of theft and how to move forward in character and perspective.
Length: 2 Hours
Download Course Syllabus: Course Syllabus
NOTE: ONLINE COURSES REQUIRE 24 HOURS TO PROCESS ENROLLMENT AFTER PURCHASE. YOU WILL RECEIVE A SEPARATE REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION EMAIL.