Ethics is about respect. Most workplace ethical dilemmas involve interpersonal issues or conflicts that require us to consider how we respect, value, and care about people and our environment. This course focuses on people and respect. The course starts with building a foundation of respect and connecting it with ethics in the workplace. With respect in place, the next step is to care about it. Caring shows respect and respect shows that we care. They are interrelated. People Matter! helps employees understand the roadblocks of respect and the incredible value people have. When people see the value in each other, they will treat one another differently and start a chain reaction that will change the work environment in the process. When we learn to respect and care for each other, we have powerful tools to deal effectively with the ethical crises of the day and to move forward in character and connection with our world.
- Understand the connection between workplace ethical problems and one’s own level of respect for people, property, and the company.
- Learn to see the underlying principles of respect as they relate to workplace ethical crises.
- Learn how to play by the rules, respect co-workers and authority, and to achieve a level of self-respect that applies to a wide variety of workplace ethics issues.
- Understand that learning to “care” is an important step in learning and growing in respect in all areas of life.
- Know the principles for caring about people and property that will reduce ethical conflicts at work.
- Understand the respect barriers to high ethical standards and honest behavior.
- Examine the issues of selfishness, anger, negativity, and rejection of authority as barriers to respect.
- Learn to value people with respect, dignity, and justice as a starting point to treating people honestly and rightly.
- Understand human value and its importance in good ethics in the workplace.
Length: 2 Hours
Download Course Syllabus: People Matter! Course Syllabus
NOTE: ONLINE COURSES REQUIRE 24 HOURS TO PROCESS ENROLLMENT AFTER PURCHASE. YOU WILL RECEIVE A SEPARATE REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION EMAIL.