Moral and ethical decisions in the workplace are not made in a vacuum but are based on a foundation of character and principle. This course helps employees understand the critical role personal character plays in their everyday ethical decision-making and provides tools to hone and strengthen it. The first two sections of this course help employees understand, develop, and strengthen character by making character connections that underlie all their ethical decisions. This attention to personal character works as a moral compass to help guide the individual through ethical storms and point the individual in the right direction. The last three sections of this course help the employee get to where he or she is going by providing a solid grasp of how moral principles and courage affect character-based ethical decisions and then illustrating practical steps to get there through a “Character Makeover.” All this works together to make a whole person who will be able to make solid moral decisions on the job.
- Consider how thoughts, words, actions, and habits play a part in molding one’s character and destiny.
- Learn the benefits of gaining and maintaining solid character both in personal and professional circles.
- Connect moral codes, values, beliefs, and principles to develop strong character.
- Understand the principle of maintaining a moral compass to help individuals find direction and make positive ethical choices.
- Know what moral principles are and how they govern our behavior.
- Learn the various areas of life where principles play a critical role in ethical decision-making.
- Connect courage to personal/professional ethical decision-making.
- Know how to have courage and stand up in difficult situations.
- Learn the steps to a “Character Makeover” which will provide a solid moral foundation to ethical decision-making in all areas of life.
Length: 2 Hours
Download Course Syllabus: Character Matters! Course Syllabus
NOTE: ONLINE COURSES REQUIRE 24 HOURS TO PROCESS ENROLLMENT AFTER PURCHASE. YOU WILL RECEIVE A SEPARATE REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION EMAIL.