The heart of a company’s financial success often depends on its ability to keep its innovations, ideas, formulas, and financial and other private information away from competitors. Every employee at every level of a company has knowledge of some kind of private company information that must be kept confidential. As part of an ongoing relationship, there is a level of trust and confidence between the employee and the employer. This course provides the basic information employees need to understand and protect confidential information and intellectual property as well as copyright basics and gathering competitive information.
- Know different types of proprietary information, confidential information, and intellectual property (IP).
- Guard against inappropriate use of confidential information.
- Know the proper way to discuss and share information.
- Understand the ramifications for misuse of proprietary information.
- Understand the employee’s responsibility for caring for confidential information and IP.
- Know the basic principles of copyright, including infringement, exceptions, and fair use.
- Know ethical principles for gathering competitive information and learn strategies to defend you company.
Required Reading: “Considering Confidentiality” by Mark S. Putnam
Length: 2 Hours
Download Course Syllabus: Syllabus
NOTE: ONLINE COURSES REQUIRE 24 HOURS TO PROCESS ENROLLMENT AFTER PURCHASE. YOU WILL RECEIVE A SEPARATE REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION EMAIL.